Sound of Tri-State, named one of Mobile Electronics’ 2009 and 2010 Retailer of the
Year, is Delaware’s recognized leader in high-end mobile electronics. We are the tri-state
area’s ultimate destination for mobile audio and video electronics, performance, security,
navigation, telecommunication, home audio and home theater products.
Sound of Tri-State opened its first store in 1990, in Claymont, Delaware. In its 21 years
of business, Sound of Tri-State added three additional locations and underwent numerous
expansions. Today, Sound of Tri-State employs 32 full-time people at the four retail
locations. Sound of Tri-State attributes its success to 3 key factors: staff, customers and
community. Our accolades and longevity are tributes to our success.
We are proud to be recognized as industry leader and recipient of numerous awards:
1) 2012 Mobile Electronics Dealer of the Year (small chain)
2) 2010 Mobile Electronics Dealer of the Year (small chain)
3) 2010 Directed Electronics Team 100 Dealer of the Year
4) 2009 Mobile Electronics Dealer of the Year (small chain)
5) 2008 Kenwood Dealer of the Year
6) 2007 PRS/SPL Pioneer Premier Demo Vehicle Build-Off
7) 2006 – 2007 MERA Top 50 Retailer
8) 2006 – 2007 MERA Top 100 Installer
9) XM Satellite Radio Top 100 Independent Retailer, 2nd Quarter, 2006
10) Pioneer Certified Navigation Dealer for 2005 – 2006
11) Rockford Fosgate Dealer of the Year, 2005
12) Pioneer Premier Council Meeting, 2005
13) Directed Electronics Dealer of the Year, 2005
14) Best of Delco Readers Choice, “Voted Best Car Audio Installation”, 2004 & 2005
We have also been selected and prominently featured by numerous trade magazines and
1) Mobile Electronics magazine, “The World on a Platter”, October, 2002.
2) Dealerscope Magazine, “Thunder Marketing”, May 2005.
3) Delaware State News “Sound of Silence”, March 2005.
4) Delaware State News “New Era of Radio”, February 2006.
5) Mobile Electronics Magazine, 2010 Retailer of the Year, November 2009
6) 12VoltNews.com, “Sound of Tri-State Set for Pioneer Build Off 4.0”, April 2010 (http://www.12voltnews.com).
7) The News Journal, “Thanks to Technology, Vehicle Thefts Way Down”, July, 2011.
Certifications & Awards:
Sound of Tri-State is a proud and dedicated member of MERA since 1998 and believe that the association is a critical partner for the mobile electronics industry. The resources provided by MERA are exceptionally beneficial and invaluable to our company. We are honored to be recognized by MERA as one of the 2006 – 2007 Top 50 Retailers in the country. Additionally, Scott Rettig, our very own Sound of Tri-State installer, was also recognized as one of MERA’s top 100 Installers in the United States.
- 2008 Kenwood Dealer of the Year
- 2007 PRS/SPL Pioneer Premier Demo Vehicle Build-Off
- 2006 – 2007 Mobile Electronics Retailer of the year Top 50 Retailer
- 2006 – 2007 MERA Top 100 Installer
- XM Satellite Radio Top 100 Independent Retailer, 2nd Quarter, 2006
- Pioneer Certified Navigation Dealer for 2005 – 2009
- Rockford Fosgate Dealer of the Year, 1997- 2009
- Directed Electronics Dealer of the Year, 2005 - 2009
- Best of Delco Readers Choice, "Voted Best Car Audio Installation", 2004 & 2005
We are honored and proud to be recognized by the mobile electronics industry as one of the best in the business. In the 19 years of business, our accomplishments include participation the Pioneer Premier Council Meeting, annual manufacture roundtable with industry leaders such as Kenwood, Pioneer, and Rockford Fosgate. These meetings focus on new product development and marketing strategies. We are also member of the ICE Buying Group since 2006. Below are examples of the numerous awards received in recent years from top industry manufactures:
We are pleased to be participants of MERA KnowledgeFest since 2001. The workshops and manufactures’ presentations are practical and extremely educational for our personnel and business. In the past, many of our staff attended the CES shows to gain product knowledge. Since 2001, our personnel have been attending MERA KnowledgeFest annually (Exhibit #32). We look forward to the new programs in 2010.
We are proud to be selected and prominently featured by numerous trade magazines and local newspapers:
- Mobile Electronics magazine, "The World on a Platter", October, 2000
- Dealerscope Magazine, "Thunder Marketing", May, 2005
- Delaware State News "Sound of Silence", March, 2005
- Delaware State News "New Era of Radio", February, 2006
At Sound of Tri-State, we recognize that our success is, in part, due to the support of
our local communities. As a result, we are committed to support the efforts of our local
police and fire departments, armed services, youth groups and schools. Over the years,
Sound of Tri-State sponsored many local events, recreational sports teams, and supported
numerous causes and charities.
Piedmont Baseball League
The Muck Dogs
Sponsored by Sound of Tri-State
Facebook.com: Join thousands of car enthusiasts and “Like” us on Facebook. Fans
receive instant updates, up-to-the-minute information, customers’ comments and
upcoming events on our Facebook. We also offer coupon discounts to our facebook fans.
YouTube.com: See our latest YouTube video featuring Sound of Tri-State’s Installer,
Mike Fusto’s Infinity Sport. Mike’s Stage4 vehicle was chosen to participate in 2010
Pioneer Sound Build Off 4.0. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8syoxI_N-4).
Pioneerelectronics.com: We are proud to be a participant in Pioneer Electronics’
prestigious Build-off 4.0. Our installer, Mike Fusto, was invited to compete in this
exclusive event. Mike’s car is featured the Pioneer 2010 Annual Sound Build-Off
Competition publication (Exhibit #25), can also be viewed on
http://soundbuildoff.pioneerelectronics.com/home, and http://www.12voltnews.com/?
Cardomain.com: A Sound of Tri-State installation is featured on Car Domain’s website
Thunder Jamz & Car Shows:
Sound of Tri-State sponsors and participates in numerous car shows annually. Top manufacturers
such as Rockford Fosgate, Pioneer Electronics, Kenwood, Clarion, JL Audio, Hertz Audison
and Focal are present for product demonstrations, prizes and give-aways at all shows.
Annual Sound of Tri-State Thunder Jamz: The annual Claymont and Dover ThunderJamz are major
events throughout the state and surrounding areas since 1992. Thousands of people of all ages attend
these shows each year. Show attractions include DB Drag, car shows, local celebrity appearances,
battle of the bands contests, game shows and talent contests, as well as cash and price give-aways.
Philadelphia Auto Show: We are proud to be part of one of the largest auto shows in the country!
Ocean City Car & Truck Show: This show takes place on the same weekend as senior week
in Ocean City, Maryland. Annually, somewhere around 250,000 visitors are expected in Ocean City
on this weekend. This is the largest car show in Ocean City and the surrounding areas.
Ocean City Car & Funk Master Flex Car Show: Sound of Tri-State has also been the sponsor for the show since 2003.